Aviva MyShield product details
We rated Aviva MyShield and MyHealthPlus as best for the entire family, refer to our 3 Best Integrated Shield Plans And Riders In Singapore (2021 Edition) for the detailed write-up as to why.
- Non-participating policy – Integrated Shield Plan
- An additional cover that integrates and complements the benefits of MediShield Life to give wider and higher protection of up to S$1,000,000 annual policy limit and as charged coverage at public or private hospitals for the medical expenses incurred.
- You can use your Medisave funds to purchase a MyShield plan
- Free Cover of up to S$50,000 for newborns up to 6 months old if both parents are covered under MyShield Plan 1 or Plan 2 continuously for at least 10 months from the cover start date of their respective policies on the newborn’s date of birth.
- Free death coverage of S$50,000 for newborns up to 6 months old
- Discounted premium rates for children (up to age 20 at next birthday) if both parents are covered under MyShield Plan 1 or Plan 2
- Covers the preventive surgery you need to avoid further cancer
- Covers hospital stays in a Private ward, Class A (1 bedder) and B1 (4 bedders) wards in public and private hospitals
- As charged coverage for Pre-hospitalisation treatment up to 90 days prior to admission
- As charged coverage for Post–hospitalisation treatment up to 180 days after discharge
- Covers treatment received in the Accident and Emergency department within 24 hours prior to your hospital admission
- Covers Planned and Emergency overseas inpatient treatment as charged – pegged up to the costs of Mount Elizabeth Orchard Hospital
- Covers inpatient pregnancy complications
- Covers major outpatient treatments including chemotherapy and kidney dialysis
- Covers living donor organ transplant for up to S$50,000 per lifetime
- Covers stay in a Community Hospital for up to 365 days per policy year
- Guaranteed renewability and lifetime cover
- Covers hospital admission deposit for up to S$50,000, through Letter of Guarantee (LOG)10 at 20 hospitals including private hospitals
Aviva My Shield is a commonly search alternative for Aviva MyShield.
Read About: Integrated Shield Plan: How does it work?
Features of Aviva MyShield at a glance
Based on the option with the highest coverage, MyShield Plan 1
Inpatient hospital treatment
- Emergency overseas treatment: As charged, limited to costs of Singapore private hospitals
- Planned overseas treatment: As charged, limited to costs of Singapore private hospitals
- Pre-hospitalisation treatment: Up to 90 days
- Post-hospitalisation treatment: Up to 90 days for Private hospital and up to 180 days for Public hospital/Panel specialist
Outpatient hospital treatment
- Chemotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Immunotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Renal dialysis: As charged
- Post-hospitalisation follow-up TCM treatment: S$50 per visit up to 180 days (for accident-related hospitalisation only)
- Free Integrated Shield Plan coverage for up to 4 children when both parents are under Aviva.
- Planned Overseas treatment covered (Also available with Prudential PRUShield).
Note: Aviva MyShield Plan 1 does not cover Co-insurance (Up to S$3,500) and Deductible (10% of the claimable amount).
*IMPORTANT* An additional Aviva MyHealthPlus (Integrated Shield Plan rider) has to be purchased for further coverage on Co-insurance and Deductible.
For further information and details, refer to Aviva website. Alternatively, fill-up the form below and let us advise accordingly.
Read About: No budget for financial planning?
Read About: 3 Best Integrated Shield Plans and riders (2021 Edition) *Updated*
Aviva MyShield may be suitable if you are looking for
Aviva MyShield may potentially be a good fit if the following matters to you:
- Hospitalisation and medical insurance coverage
- Integrated Shield Plan or Integrated Shield Plan riders
- Reducing hospitalisation and medical expenses
- Paying premium using MediSave Funds
Aviva MyShield may not be suitable if you are looking for
Aviva MyShield may potentially be a bad fit if the following matters to you:
- Surrender value, Integrated Shield Plan and/or Integrated Shield Plan riders have no cash value
What is the annual premium for Aviva Integrated Shield Plan and rider based on my age?
Refer to the drop down below for premium table for Aviva MyShield Plan 2 and Aviva MyHealthPlus A rider.
|Age Band||Aviva MyShield Plan 2|
(Actual Premium/ Nett premium payable after using MediSAVE)
|Aviva MyHealthPlus - A|
(Premium for rider must be fully paid by cash)
|New application or switching of Integrated Shield Plan/ rider is not allowed after age 75.|
Refer to our FAQs On Integrated Shield Plan And Riders for everything you need to know about upgrading your MediShield hospitalisation and medical treatment coverages.
Further considerations on Aviva MyShield
- How much will Aviva or Aviva MyShield premium increase as I age?
- How does Aviva MyShield compare with Integrated Shield Plan and/ or Integrated Shield Plan riders from other insurance companies?
- Can Aviva MyShield fulfill my financial insurance, health and protection needs?
The above information may not fully highlight all the product details and features on Aviva MyShield. Talk to us or seek advice from a financial adviser before making any decision about Aviva MyShield.
Compare across all Integrated Shield Plans and riders!
Compare before you commit so you don’t have to regret later on. Depending on your medical and hospitalisation needs, the premium payable differs across insurers. Why pay more for what you do not need or short-charge on features and benefits by paying a little more?
Get exactly what you need for your MediShield LIFE upgrade by using our Integrated Shield Plans and rider comparison platform. Go on, its 100% free!
Is Aviva MyShield suitable for me?
Contact InterestGuru using the form below. Our panel of Independent Financial Advisers will advise accordingly, based on your financial profile and protection needs.
All financial reviews and proposals provided are 100% free of charge. There will be no obligation to take up any proposed financial products or services in any way.
We compare quotations head to head on all leading insurers in Singapore