Prudential PRUExtra Copay product details
We rated Prudential PRUShield and PRUExtra Copay as Best for features, refer to our 3 Best Integrated Shield Plans And Riders In Singapore (2021 Edition) for the detailed write-up.
- Non-participating policy – Integrated Shield Plan Rider
- Complement your basic PRUShield plan so you can focus on your recovery rather than the financial concerns that may arise
- Covers 95% of deductibles of 50% of co-insurance, capping your yearly medical expenses at S$3,000
- Hospital Incentive for each day that you are admitted in a ward class lower than your entitlement
- 365 days coverage for Post-Hospitalisation Follow-Up Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) treatment after hospital confinement or day surgery
- Reimbursement for Emergency Outpatient Treatment
- Covers purchase or rental of Special Appliances and Prosthesis for up to 365 days after Hospital Confinement or day surgery
Prudential PRU extra is a commonly search alternative for Prudential PRUextra Copay.
Read also: Integrated Shield Plan: How does it work?
Features of Prudential PRUextra Copay at a glance
Based on the option with the highest coverage, PRUExtra Premier
Inpatient hospital treatment
- Emergency overseas treatment: As charged, limited to costs of Singapore private hospitals
- Planned overseas treatment: As charged, limited to costs of Singapore private hospitals
- Pre-hospitalisation treatment: Up to 180 days
- Post-hospitalisation treatment: Up to 365 days
- Accident & Emergency Ambulance fee: S$250 per injury or illness
Outpatient hospital treatment
- Chemotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Immunotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Renal dialysis: As charged
- Post-hospitalisation follow-up TCM treatment: S$6,000 per year
- Emergency outpatient treatment due to accident: S$3,000 per year
- Planned Overseas treatment covered.
*IMPORTANT* PRUExtra Copay is an add-on to PRUShield (Integrated Shield Plan). The rider cannot be purchased without the basic Integrated Shield Plan.
For further information and details, refer to Prudential website. Alternatively, fill up the form below and let us advise accordingly.
Read also: How to budget for financial planning
Prudential PRUExtra Copay may be suitable if you are looking for
Prudential PRUExtra Copay may potentially be a good fit if the following matters to you:
- Hospitalisation and medical insurance coverage
- Integrated Shield Plan or Integrated Shield Plan riders
- Reducing hospitalisation and medical expenses
- Paying premium using MediSave Funds
Prudential PRUExtra Copay may not be suitable if you are looking for
Prudential PRUExtra Copay may potentially be a bad fit if the following matters to you:
- Surrender value, Integrated Shield Plan and/or Integrated Shield Plan riders have no cash value
What is the annual premium for Prudential Integrated Shield Plan and rider based on my age?
Refer to the table below for the premium table for Prudential PRUShield Plus and Prudential PRUExtra Copay.
|Age||Prudential PruShield Plus|
(Actual Premium/ Nett premium payable after using MediSAVE)
|Prudential PruExtra Plus CoPay|
(Premium for rider must be fully paid by cash)
|New application or switching of Integrated Shield Plan/ rider is not allowed after age 75.|
Refer to our FAQs On Integrated Shield Plan And Riders for everything you need to know about upgrading your MediShield hospitalisation and medical treatment coverages.
Further considerations on Prudential PRUExtra Copay
- How much will Prudential or Prudential PRUExtra Copay premium increase as I age?
- How does Prudential PRUExtra Copay compare with Integrated Shield Plan and/ or Integrated Shield Plan riders from other insurance companies?
- Can Prudential PRUExtra Copay fulfill my financial insurance, health and protection needs?
The above information may not fully highlight all the product details and features on Prudential PRUExtra Copay. Talk to us or seek advice from a financial adviser before making any decision about Prudential PRUExtra Copay.
Compare across all Integrated Shield Plans and riders!
Compare before you commit so you don’t have to regret later on. Depending on your medical and hospitalisation needs, the premium payable differs across insurers. Why pay more for what you do not need or short-charge on features and benefits by paying a little more?
Get exactly what you need for your MediShield LIFE upgrade by using our Integrated Shield Plans and rider comparison platform. Go on, its 100% free!
Is Prudential PRUExtra Copay suitable for me?
Contact InterestGuru using the form below. Our panel of Independent financial planners will advise accordingly, based on your financial profile and protection needs.
All financial reviews and proposals provided are 100% free of charge. There will be no obligation to take up any proposed financial products or services in any way.
*For a limited time, get attractive incentives when you take up any products that is proposed by our team of financial planners.
We compare quotations head to head on all leading insurers in Singapore