UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund Review
UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund aims to maximise returns over the longer term by investing mainly in bonds denominated in Singapore Dollars (issued by entities incorporated or domiciled globally) and bonds denominated in foreign currencies (issued by entities incorporated or domiciled in Singapore). Apart from investments in bonds, the Sub-Fund may also invest in money market instruments (denominated in SGD or foreign currencies), bond funds (including funds managed by the Managers) and time deposits in any currency. Investments shall be made in accordance with the CPF Investment Guidelines. There is no target industry or sector.
UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund’s investment process is principally driven by the Managers’ assessment of the fundamental factors which they consider to be important to the direction of interest rates. The process involves a top-down approach supplemented by bottom-up analysis to arrive at the final asset allocation. The Sub-Fund may use or invest in FDIs for the purposes of hedging existing positions in a portfolio, efficient portfolio management or a combination of both purposes.
Who is UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund suitable for?
UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund is only suitable for investors who:
- seek to maximise returns over the longer term
- are comfortable with the volatility and risks of a scheme which invests mainly in SGD-denominated bonds and foreign currency-denominated bonds issued in Singapore, of all maturities
Dividend or Income payout frequency: Monthly or Accumulating
For additional assessments on product suitability, please obtain professional advice from a qualified Financial Advisor.
What are the key risks of UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund?
The value of UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund and its dividends and coupons (if any) may rise or fall. You may lose some or all of your investment depending on the performance of the underlying securities. Factors that may affect the performance of these securities include, without limitation, market risks, fluctuations in interest rates and foreign exchange rates, political instability, exchange controls, changes in taxation and foreign investment policies.
Some of the key risks associated with UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund are described below:
Market and Credit Risks
- You are exposed to the market risk in the markets where the Sub-Fund invests
- The Sub-Fund is not listed and you can redeem only on Dealing Days
- You are exposed to liquidity risk in the Sub-Fund’s investments
- You are exposed to foreign exchange and currency risk
- You are exposed to political risk
- You are exposed to debt securities risk
- You are exposed to single country, sector and regional risk
- You are exposed to derivatives risks
- Other risks to your investment include counterparty risk, risk of using rating agencies and other third parties, structured products risk, real estate risk, risks associated with non-investment grade debt securities, exceptional market conditions, repatriation risk, settlement risk, actions of institutional investors, broker risk and investment management risk
Investment Fees and Charges
For a limited time (Until 31 Dec 2023), speak to a MAS licensed Independent Financial Advisor which has committed to offering our readers a flat 1% Subscription fee (Initial Sale Charge) for all Unit Trust Funds investment.
Learn more about the limited time offer on 1% Initial Sales Charge. Terms and conditions may apply.
Where can I get more details about UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund
- UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund Fact Sheet (Open in New Window)
- UOB Asset Management – United Singapore Bond Fund Product Highlight Sheet (Open in New Window)
- Speak to a licensed Independent Financial Advisor
Have more questions on this unit trust fund?
Let InterestGuru.sg get back to your enquiry on this unit trust fund or any investment related questions.
Drop us a message and one of our partnered MAS licensed Independent Financial Advisor will get back to you. Any advice or proposal are provided 100% free of charge.
No obligation is required whatsoever to take up any product or services proposed by our partnered Independent Financial Advisors.
Get rewarded while keeping InterestGuru.sg ad-free and spam-free
Keep ads and spam off InterestGuru.sg. At the same time, enjoy EXCLUSIVE sign-up rewards and saving benefits when u take up a credit card from our Featured Credit Card selection.