AXA Shield is an Integrated Shield medical reimbursement plan designed to complement the Singapore MediShield Life plan. It is a plan payable by Medisave. Choose to pick up AXA Enhanced Care rider to receive additional benefits.
NOTE: With effect from April 2021, all existing policyholders of AXA Shield with Enhanced Care rider will be converted to a 5% co-payment scheme, co-insurance, and deductibles or no longer fully covered.
AXA Shield product details
- Non-participating policy – Integrated Shield Plan
- Hospitalisation and Treatments Coverage
- Receive as charged up to S$1 million of coverage for Daily ward expenses, ICU, Day surgery, Inpatient treatments, Outpatient treatments, and others
- Receive as charged coverage up to S$1 million for Emergency overseas inpatient treatment
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation Coverage
- Receive reimbursements for medical fees 180 days prior to hospitalisaiton and 365 days after discharge
- AXA Shield Plan A
- Be covered as charged up to S$1 million from hospitalisation and treatments in a standard room at a Private hospital and below
- AXA Shield Plan B
- Be covered as charged up to S$550,000 from hospitalisation and treatments in Class A ward at a Public hospital
- Subsidized Health Panel
- S$10 for General Practitioner (GP) visits
- S$100 for the first Specialist visit, $70 for subsequent visits
- S$130 for the first Psychotherapist visit, $110 for subsequent visits
- S$15 for Dental Consultations
- Letter of Guarantee (LOG)
- If referred through panel specialists, deposits will be waived with a LOG up to S$1 million for Private hospitals and S$15,000 for Public hospitals
- If referred through non-panel specialists, deposits will be waived up to S$50,000 for Private hospitals and S$15,000 for Public hospitals
- AXA Enhanced Care
- This rider allows your out-of-pocket expenses to be capped at 5% of the total hospital bill amongst other benefits such as planned overseas treatment, post-hospitalisation TCM treatments, and more
- Payable with MediSave up to the Additional Withdrawal Limits
- You can pay for AXA Shield using your MediSave up to the Additional WIthdrawal Limit
- Guaranteed Renewability
Read About: Integrated Shield Plan: How does it work?
Key benefits and features of AXA Shield at a glance
Based on the option with the highest coverage, AXA Shield Plan A
Inpatient hospital treatment
- Emergency overseas treatment: As charged
- Planned overseas treatment: None (Up to S$50,000 per policy year with AXA Enhanced Care)
- Pre-hospitalisation treatment: Up to 180 days
- Post-hospitalisation treatment: Up to 365 days
Outpatient hospital treatment
- Chemotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Immunotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Renal dialysis: As charged
- Implants and approved Medical Consumables: As charged
- Radiosurgery: As charged
- Major Organ Transplant: As charged
- Stem Cell Transplant: As charged
- Post-hospitalisation follow-up TCM treatment (365 days): None ($50/visit up to S$6,500 per policy year with AXA Enhanced Care)
For further information and details, refer to AXA website. Alternatively, fill-up the form below and let us advise accordingly.
Read About: No budget for financial planning?
Read About: 3 Best Integrated Shield Plans and riders (2021 Edition) *Updated*
AXA Shield may be suitable if you are looking for
AXA Shield may potentially be a good fit if the following matters to you:
- Hospitalisation and medical insurance coverage
- Integrated Shield Plan or Integrated Shield Plan riders
- Reducing hospitalisation and medical expenses
- Paying premium using MediSave Funds
- Daily hospitalisation income with an Integrated Shield Plan rider
AXA Shield may not suitable if you are looking for
AXA Shield may potentially be a bad fit if the following matters to you:
- Surrender value, Integrated Shield Plan and/or Integrated Shield Plan riders have no cash value
- Death and Terminal Illness insurance coverage
- Early Critical Illness, Critical Illness, and Total and Permanent Disability insurance coverage
What is the annual premium for AXA Integrated Shield Plan and rider based on my age?
Refer to the drop down below for premium table for AXA Shield and AXA Enhanced Care rider.
|Age||AXA Shield Plan B|
(Actual Premium/ Nett premium payable after using MediSAVE)
|AXA Enhanced Care B|
(Premium for rider must be fully paid by cash)
|New application or switching of Integrated Shield Plan/ rider is not allowed after age 75.|
Refer to our FAQs On Integrated Shield Plan And Riders for everything you need to know about upgrading your MediShield hospitalisation and medical treatment coverages.
Further considerations on AXA Shield
- How much will AXA or AXA Shield premium increase as I age?
- How does AXA Shield compare with Integrated Shield Plan and/ or Integrated Shield Plan riders from other insurance companies?
- Can AXA Shield fulfill my financial insurance, health, and protection needs?
The above information may not fully highlight all the product details and features on AXA Shield. Talk to us or seek advice from a financial adviser before making any decision about AXA Shield.
Compare across all Integrated Shield Plans and riders!
Compare before you commit so you don’t have to regret later on. Depending on your medical and hospitalisation needs, the premium payable differs across insurers. Why pay more for what you do not need or short-charge on features and benefits by paying a little more?
Get exactly what you need for your MediShield LIFE upgrade by using our Integrated Shield Plans and rider comparison platform. Go on, its 100% free!
Is AXA Shield suitable for me?
Contact InterestGuru using the form below. Our panel of Independent Financial Advisers will advise accordingly, based on your financial profile and protection needs.
All financial reviews and proposals provided are 100% free of charge. There will be no obligation to take up any proposed financial products or services in any way.
We compare quotations head to head on all leading insurers in Singapore