PRUShield complements MediShield Life and provide you with more extensive coverage for medical and hospitalisation bills without having to worry about rising medical costs.
Prudential PRUShield product details
We rated Prudential PRUShield and PRUExtra Copay as best for features, refer to our 3 Best Integrated Shield Plans And Riders In Singapore (2021 Edition) for the detailed write-up.
- Non-participating policy – Integrated Shield Plan
- Complement your MediShield Life to ensure that you have access to the medical care you need without having to worry about rising medical costs
- Highest annual coverage of up to $1.2 million for medical treatment
- Provides a wider choice of private and restructured hospitals, ward classes and doctors
- Pre-Hospitalisation coverage for up to 180 days before confinement or day surgery, and Post-Hospitalisation coverage for up to 365 days after confinement or day surgery
- Guaranteed renewability of plan for a lifetime coverage
- Coverage for Planned Overseas Medical Treatment
- No medical underwriting required to purchase a new plan for significant life events
Prudential Pru shield is a commonly search alternative for Prudential PRUShield.
Read About: Integrated Shield Plan: How does it work?
Read About: Integrated Shield Plan: 4 things you should be aware of
Features of Prudential PRUShield at a glance
Key benefits and features
Based on the option with the highest coverage, PRUShield Premier
Inpatient hospital treatment
- Emergency overseas treatment: As charged, limited to costs of Singapore private hospitals
- Planned overseas treatment: As charged, limited to costs of Singapore private hospitals
- Pre-hospitalisation treatment: Up to 180 days
- Post-hospitalisation treatment: Up to 365 days
Outpatient hospital treatment
- Chemotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Immunotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Renal dialysis: As charged
- Post-hospitalisation follow-up TCM treatment: Not covered
Note: Prudential PRUShield Premier does not cover Co-insurance (Up to S$3,500) and Deductible (10% of the claimable amount).
*IMPORTANT* An additional PRUExtra Copay (Integrated Shield Plan rider) has to be purchased for capped coverage on Co-insurance and Deductible.
For further information and details, refer to Prudential website. Alternatively, fill-up the form below and let us advise accordingly.
Read About: No budget for financial planning?
Read About: 3 Best Integrated Shield Plans and riders (2021 Edition) *Updated*
Prudential PRUShield may be suitable if you are looking for
Prudential PRUShield may potentially be a good fit if the following matters to you:
- Hospitalisation and medical insurance coverage
- Integrated Shield Plan or Integrated Shield Plan riders
- Reducing hospitalisation and medical expenses
- Paying premium using MediSave Funds
Prudential PRUShield may not be suitable if you are looking for
Prudential PRUShield may potentially be a bad fit if the following matters to you:
- Surrender value, Integrated Shield Plan and/or Integrated Shield Plan riders have no cash value
What is the annual premium for Prudential Integrated Shield Plan and rider based on my age?
Refer to the table below for the premium table for Prudential PRUShield Plus and Prudential PRUExtra Plus.
|Age||Prudential PruShield Plus|
(Actual Premium/ Nett premium payable after using MediSAVE)
|Prudential PruExtra Plus CoPay|
(Premium for rider must be fully paid by cash)
|New application or switching of Integrated Shield Plan/ rider is not allowed after age 75.|
Refer to our FAQs On Integrated Shield Plan And Riders for everything you need to know about upgrading your MediShield hospitalisation and medical treatment coverages.
Further considerations on Prudential PRUShield
- How much will Prudential or Prudential PRUShield premium increase as I age?
- How does Prudential PRUShield compare with Integrated Shield Plan and/ or Integrated Shield Plan riders from other insurance companies?
- Can Prudential PRUShield fulfill my financial insurance, health and protection needs?
The above information may not fully highlight all the product details and features on Prudential PRUShield. Talk to us or seek advice from a financial adviser before making any decision about Prudential PRUShield.
Compare across all Integrated Shield Plans and riders!
Compare before you commit so you don’t have to regret later on. Depending on your medical and hospitalisation needs, the premium payable differs across insurers. Why pay more for what you do not need or short-charge on features and benefits by paying a little more?
Get exactly what you need for your MediShield LIFE upgrade by using our Integrated Shield Plans and rider comparison platform. Go on, its 100% free!
Is Prudential PRUShield suitable for me?
Contact InterestGuru using the form below. Our panel of Independent Financial Advisers will advise accordingly, based on your financial profile and protection needs.
All financial reviews and proposals provided are 100% free of charge. There will be no obligation to take up any proposed financial products or services in any way.
We compare quotations head to head on all leading insurers in Singapore