Raffles Health Insurance Shield A is a Medisave-approved medical expense reimbursement plan which gives you more benefits and the choice to stay in private hospitals or A/B1 Class Wards in public hospitals.
Reviewed by InterestGuru on 01/06/2021
InterestGuru rating for Raffles Shield A: (4.5 / 5)
Raffles Health Insurance Shield A product details
- Non-participating policy – Integrated Shield Plan
- Covers as charged for public hospital A-class wards and below
- 70% proration if stay at Raffles Hospital
- Premium waiver for child if the unexpected occur with the parent
- As charged coverage for pre-hospitalisation treatments (up to 180 days)
- As charged coverage for post-hospitalisation treatments (up to 365 days)
- As charged coverage for most outpatient and inpatient treatment
- Yearly policy limit of S$600,000 in coverage
Features of Raffles Shield A at a glance
Based on the options with the highest coverage for Raffles Shield A
Pre- and post-hospitalisation treatments
- Pre-hospitalisation treatment: Within 180 days from discharge
- Post-hospitalisation treatment: Within 365 days from discharge
Inpatient hospital treatment
- Emergency overseas treatment: As charged, limited to costs of Singapore private hospitals
- Planned overseas treatment: N.A.
- Community hospital: As charged (up to 45 days per hospitalisation)
- Accidental inpatient dental treatment: As charged
- Inpatient psychiatric treatment: S$6,000 per year
Outpatient hospital treatment
- Chemotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Immunotherapy for cancer: As charged
- Renal dialysis: As charged
- Various Radiotheraphy: As charged
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy: As charged
- Immunosuppressants for Organ Transplant: As charged
- Erythropoietin treatment: As charged
Key Rider Benefits
Key Rider replaces your deductibles and co-insurance with a co-payment of only 5% per claim , covering up to 95% of your total hospitalisation expenses.
Premier Rider Benefits
Premier Rider allows more accommodation for a more comfortable recovery with these benefits:
- Accommodation expenses covered for an immediate family member
- Post-hospitalisation traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) treatments
- Post-hospitalisation home care
- Emergency outpatient treatments due to accident
- Ambulances services
For further information and details, refer to Raffles Health website. Alternatively, fill up the form below and let us advise accordingly.
Read About: No budget for financial planning?
Read About: 3 Best Integrated Shield Plans and riders (2021 Edition) *Updated*
Raffles Health Insurance Shield A may be suitable if you are looking for
Raffles Health Insurance Shield A may potentially be a good fit if the following matters to you:
- Hospitalisation and medical insurance coverage
- Integrated Shield Plan or Integrated Shield Plan riders
- Reducing hospitalisation and medical expenses
- Paying premium using MediSave Funds
Raffles Health Insurance Shield A may not be suitable if you are looking for
Raffles Health Insurance Shield A may potentially be a bad fit if the following matters to you:
- Surrender value, Integrated Shield Plan and/or Integrated Shield Plan riders have no cash value
What is the annual premium for Raffles Health Insurance Shield A and rider based on my age?
Refer to the table below for the premium table for Raffles Health Insurance Shield A and Raffles Shield A Key Rider.
|Age||Raffles Shield A|
(Actual Premium/ Nett premium payable after using MediSAVE)
|Raffles Key Rider A|
(Premium for rider must be fully paid by cash)
|New application or switching of Integrated Shield Plan/ rider is not allowed after age 75.|
Refer to our FAQs On Integrated Shield Plan And Riders for everything you need to know about upgrading your MediShield hospitalisation and medical treatment coverages.
Further considerations on Raffles Health Insurance Shield A
- How much will Raffles Health Insurance Shield A premium increase as I age?
- How does Raffles Health Insurance Shield A compare with Integrated Shield Plan and/ or Integrated Shield Plan riders from other insurance companies?
- Can Raffles Health Insurance Shield A fulfill my financial insurance, health and protection needs?
The above information may not fully highlight all the product details and features on Raffles Health Insurance Shield A. Talk to us or seek advice from a financial adviser before making any decision about Raffles Health Insurance Shield A.
Compare across all Integrated Shield Plans and riders!
Compare before you commit so you don’t have to regret later on. Depending on your medical and hospitalisation needs, the premium payable differs across insurers. Why pay more for what you do not need or short-charge on features and benefits by paying a little more?
Get exactly what you need for your MediShield LIFE upgrade by using our Integrated Shield Plans and rider comparison platform. Go on, its 100% free!
Is Raffles Health Insurance Shield A suitable for me?
Contact InterestGuru using the form below. Our panel of Independent financial planners will advise accordingly, based on your financial profile and protection needs.
All financial reviews and proposals provided are 100% free of charge. There will be no obligation to take up any proposed financial products or services in any way.
*For a limited time, get attractive incentives when you take up any products that is proposed by our team of financial planners.
We compare quotations head to head on all leading insurers in Singapore